Thanks these instructions:
I got GroupWise 7 working by doing the following:
- Use alien to convert the RPM to a DEB file (alien groupwise-blah-blah-blah.rpm)
- Install JAVA (download it from http://java.sun.com)
- Install GroupWise (dpkg -i groupwise-blah-blah-blah.deb)
- Delete the /opt/novell/groupwise/client/jre directory
- Copy the jre directory from the Java installation you just performed to /opt/novell/groupwise/client/
- Run groupwise by typing /opt/novell/groupwise/client/bin/groupwise.sh
Hope this helps.
by daimaou at the following thread:
NOTES: I modified the instructions in the following way:
1. I symlinked my sun java directory into the /opt/novell dir:
s@mycomp:/opt/novell/groupwise/client$ sudo mv jre/ old_jre
s@mycomp:/opt/novell/groupwise/client$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/j2sdk1 .4-sun/jre/ jre
I now have Groupwise 7 running on Ubuntu Dapper.