I am beginning to compile some tips for configuring Mailman lists:
1. How do I suppress welcome emails when I am adding a user to a list?
- Change the radio button for “Send welcome messages to new subscribees”, from Yes to No, (on the Mass Subscriptions page).
2. How do I change everyone’s moderation bit to yes?
- When the moderation bit is set to “On”, the user’s emails will be captured by mailman and placed into the queue for a moderator. To set the moderation bit to “On” for everybody, visit the “Membership List” page, and scroll to the bottom. Change “Set everyone’s moderation bit, including those members not currently visible” from “Off” to “On”, then hit the “Set” button on the right.
3. How do I make a mailing list archive private?
- Visit the “Archiving Options” page, and change “Is archive file source for public or private archival?” from “public” to “private” and hit “Submit your Changes”.
4. What if I don’t want to archive mail list messages at all?
- On the same “Archiving Options” page, change “Archive messages?” from “Yes” to “No” and click the “Submit Your Changes” button.
5. How do I add multiple administrator emails to a mailing list?
- Under General Options, you may add as many emails as necessary to the “The list administrator email addresses. Multiple administrator addresses, each on separate line is okay.” text box, then click “Submit your Changes”.
6. What if I, (the administrator), would like help moderating a busy list, but don’t want another user to have the ability to make administrative changes to the mailing list?
- You can designate “moderators” to help you moderate a busy mailing list. A moderator will receive emails notifying them of messages in the queue which need a moderator to double-check before it is allowed on the list. To add a moderator, visit “General Options”, and add email addresses to the “The list moderator email addresses. Multiple moderator addresses, each on separate line is okay.”, then click “Submit your Changes”.
7. I have added a moderator, but how do they access the queue to moderate messages?
- Mailman will send an email to the moderator as soon as a moderated message is added to the queue. This message will have a link which will take them to moderator’s login page, where they will need to enter the moderator’s password to login.
8. But, what is the moderator’s password?
- Mailman gives you the ability to set a different password for moderators. To do so, click on “Passwords”, and enter the moderator password in the “Enter new moderator password:” field, confirm it, then click the “Submit Your Changes” button.
9. How do I hide the sender’s email address?
- Under “General Options”, you can change “Hide the sender of a message, replacing it with the list address (Removes From, Sender and Reply-To fields)” from “No” to “Yes”, then click the “Submit Your Changes” button.
10. What if I don’t want Mailman to send out a message when the user is unsubscribed?
- Under “General Options”, you can change “Send goodbye message to members when they are unsubscribed?” from “Yes” to “No”, then click the “Submit Your Changes” button.
11. I have lost control of my list, and I need to stop ALL traffic to my “announce-only” list?
- Under “General Options”, you can change “Emergency moderation of all list traffic.” from “No” to “Yes”, then click the “Submit Your Changes” button.
12. I am trying to send PDF files to the list, but they are always placed in the moderation queue… Help!
- Under “General Options”, you can change the value of the “Maximum length in kilobytes (KB) of a message body. Use 0 for no limit.” field to a more appropriate size. (The default is 40 Kilobytes), then click the “Submit Your Changes” button. BE AWARE, dial-up users may not appreciate receiving a lot of large email messages…
13. How do I make sure that new member’s email addresses will be hidden when they post to the mailing list?
- Under “General Options”, click the checkbox next to “Conceal the member’s address”, in the “Default options for new members joining this list.” menu item, then click the “Submit Your Changes” button.