Many people have installed Quicktime/iTunes to listen to various types of media files. Among these files are MP3s. Many people have found that they can no longer save MP3 files after installing Quicktime/iTunes on Windows XP. This document outlines a work-around to allow you to save the MP3 files once again.
1. Click on Start->Set Program Access and Default
2. Highlight the Custom option and click on the double-arrow to expand the Custom menu.
3. Find the Choose a default media player menu.
4. Click the radio button next to Windows Media Player.
5. Next, restart your internet browser and attempt to download the MP3 file again.
Once the MP3 is playing in Windows Media Player:
1. Click File->Save Media As…
2. Save the MP3 file to your preferred location.
With a little side of applesauce...
©2006 Shannon Eric Peevey